Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Learning html5

I am teaching two website design & developmdnt classes. The basic class is fairly predictable. Learn to write good clean html first. Then we'll move to css & basic design principles. The advanced class is different. I expected them to actualky remember what they learned in the basic class but they seemed to have done a brain dump. So while I introduce html5 elements, I am pushing them to develop their own sites. So far, so good. Most are pushing themselves hard but they are still making a lot of mistakes that one would expect at the basic level. I refuse to lower my expectations. In just a few weeks they will be working with a real client. They need to know and be confident. This group will not only meet but exceed my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment